Is there anything more festive than a good cookie recipe? One of my favorite parts about this time of year are all the desserts that get baked. In my family, we have a huge baking day when we make all sorts of different cookies. I captured a little bit of the process on my Instagram story earlier today if you want to check it out. But if you’re reading this any day other than the 22nd, it’s already gone.
Anyway, today I thought I would share one of my absolute favorite cookie recipes, which is for cherry chocolate chip cookies. These are great if you’ve got a sweet tooth. Plus, the recipe is really simple. (And who doesn’t love a simple recipe?)
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 package of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup drained cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, combine cake mix, butter, and egg.
- Gradually stir in pecans, chocolate chips, and cherries.
- Bake on an un-greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy 🙂
What’s your favorite thing to bake?