Another day of Blogmas, another cookie recipe!
I feel like I’m bombarding you all with two baking posts in a row. But because this happens to be my all-time favorite holiday cookie, I’m going to go with it.
These cookies are great if you’re a peanut butter and chocolate lover like me. They’re definitely a good treat to have around the holidays. I look forward to having a few of these every year.
So, without any further delay, let’s get into the recipe!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter and shortening.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Shape dough into balls and roll them in granulated sugar.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and put Hershey kiss on top of each.
- Place back in oven for 2-5 minutes. (I usually stick closer to 2.)
- Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Enjoy 🙂
Thanks for reading. Until tomorrow!
How’s the holiday season going for you?