It’s the middle of October, so the logical thing for me to do would be bake something pumpkin flavored. But, honestly, I’m not in the mood for anything pumpkin, so today I decided I would do something a little bit different. I know this recipe has more of a summer vibe to it, but coconut is one of my favorite foods. Hopefully you enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 additional cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 350 degree oven, toast your coconut for 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In an electric mixture, beat your granulated sugar and butter.
- Add egg, vanilla, lime juice and zest to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Once the dough is thoroughly mixed, form it into round balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown. Allow cookies to sit for two minutes after they’ve finished baking.
- Enjoy 🙂
What’s your favorite type of cookie?