Recently, I made a batch of cinnamon sugar muffins. I was really happy with the finished product, so I couldn’t help but snap a picture and type up the recipe. These muffins are so great if you’re looking for a nice, sugary breakfast treat. Unsurprisingly, I had mine with a cup of iced coffee and it definitely felt like the perfect pairing. I think that I actually might make another batch of these so I can freeze them and eat them for breakfast over the next several weeks.
I have to say one of the best things about this recipe is the cinnamon crumble topping. It’s the perfect balance of light and sweet. As someone who has a sweet tooth, but not an extreme one, this is just the right amount of sugar for me. If you try these out, I hope you enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (topping)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (topping)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (topping)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In an electric mixer, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. The additional 1/4 cup of flour for the topping should not be included in this.
- Gradually whisk in your wet ingredients (milk, egg, melted butter) until the mixture is smooth and even. Be sure not to overmix.
- Pour mixture into a baking tray that has been sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 18 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until the muffins are nice and golden.
- While the muffins are baking, combine flour, butter, cinnamon, and sugar to make your topping crumble. Sprinkle it over the top of your muffins once they have finished baking.
- Enjoy 🙂
Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to let me know any other breakfast-related recipes that you’d like to see!
What’s your favorite kind of muffin?
You can see the original recipe here.