So I was a little hesitant to write this recipe post because I’ve done a lot of cookie recipes in the past and I didn’t anyone to feel like I’m getting super redundant. But after eating a few of these chocolate chip cookies and realizing how much I liked this recipe, I felt like I couldn’t not share it with you all. It seemed wrong not to make a post about them. These are some of the softest chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever tasted, and definitely the softest ones I’ve ever made.
Does anyone else feel like it’s pretty much next to impossible to bake a soft chocolate chip cookie at home? Whenever I get a cookie from a grocery store or bakery, it’s always soft and chewy, but when I bake them at home, they’re usually a lot cruncher. I swear it’s like sorcery or something.
Anyways, while I was perusing the Internet for recipes the other day, I stumbled on a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that had me curious. I ended up changing a few of the ingredients due to what I had available to me, but the inspiration definitely came from this particular recipe.
These cookies seriously turned out great! They had that soft and chewy texture that I had been searching for. I strongly recommend giving them a try if you’re a chocolate chip cookie person.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, combine your flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Next, add in your vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Once your dough is thoroughly mixed, add in your chocolate chips.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, roll cookie dough into balls and place them several inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 9-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Enjoy 🙂
Thanks for reading! Let me know if you’d like to see more recipes in the future.
What’s your favorite cookie?