There are a lot of magnificent flavor combinations in the world, but there’s something about peanut butter and chocolate that puts it heads above the rest. The saltiness of the peanut butter and the richness of the chocolate form one of the greatest melodies of taste. So earlier this week when I stumbled upon a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, I couldn’t resist giving them a try.
I realize I’ve made numerous cookies on this blog, but of all of them, I think this is the best one. Its bold and complementary flavors make for a delectable treat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 bag chocolate chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Slowly add in peanut butter and vanilla. Add in both sugars. Add in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Continue mixing until dry ingredients have combined with wet ingredients.
- Add in chocolate chunks.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for thirty minutes.
- Round dough into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for five minutes before moving.
You can check out the original recipe here.
What’s your favorite flavor combination?