While cooking and baking are activities I tend to do poorly, sometimes I stumble upon recipes that turn out great. These coconut raspberry cookies stood out to me because they are so different from anything I’ve ever tried to make. Also, because coconut and raspberry are two of the most glorious things, so combining them is a magnificent idea.
Items You’ll Need:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups and 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups coconut
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- In a mixer, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda.
- Mix in coconut. (Note: dough will be sticky)
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Make small indents in the dough balls and scoop 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam into them.
- Cover the jam with more dough and carefully reshape it into a ball.
- Place your dough on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Enjoy 🙂
I found the original recipe here.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?