Today I thought it would be fun to create a booklist. I feel as though it’s been a long time since I’ve written anything book-related. This wasn’t done intentionally. I’ve had a lot going on with Blogmas and holiday-centric posts, so books somewhat slipped my mind.
Before I get into the list, I believe I should explain the idea behind. I was actually inspired to write this by a booklist I saw on Barnes & Noble’s website entitled “Five Books Guaranteed to Make You Sound Brilliant.” I thought it was a funny concept and completely relatable. I think at some point in their lives, everyone has read a book either to impress people, or talk about it with their friends and colleagues.
It’s kind of strange how much value we put on our appearances, but there’s something about some reading material that just seems sophisticated. The novels in this list are ones that not only sound cultured and refined, but are actually (in my opinion) really great. I hope if you’re interested in exploring literature, you consider one of the books as a start.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Given that this book is often a staple in high school curriculum, you may have already read it. On the off-chance that you didn’t read it (or pretended to and Spark Noted the entire thing), I seriously suggest giving it a try.)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (fitting for the holiday season)
- The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
These are just some of my suggestions. If you have any thoughts yourself, feel free to leave them in the comments.
As always, thank you for reading.
Also, don’t forget to check me out on social media! If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, leave a comment letting me know this post directed you. I’ll be sure to follow you back