For many of us, it is easy to look at life and feel satisfied. While we haven’t accomplished all of our goals yet, there is so much to be proud of. But for others, it is difficult to find happiness. The little successes are distorted, or not as easy to define.
Regardless of how you feel the majority of the time, there are always days that seem harder than others. On these days, we feel useless, hopeless, and unimportant. It is natural to be sad every once and awhile, but it is crucial that you pick yourself back up. Don’t let tiny disappointments shake you. Don’t let frustration dictate your future. If you’re ever feeling down, think about these ten reasons why you should be happy.
1. You’re alive. This may seem like a silly thing to celebrate, but I promise that it’s not. A beating heart should be cherished!
2. You’re strong. No one can break you. You are in complete control of your life.
3. You’re motivated. Everyone has something that gets them out of bed in the morning. Don’t say your alarm (that self-deprecating joke is mine). Let that motivator propel you through the entire day.
4. You’re powerful. I know I sound like a cheesy poster you’d find in a classroom, but it’s the truth. You have the power to accomplish anything you set your mind to.
5. You’re innovative. The human mind is an incredible tool, conveniently placed at your disposal. Use it to create something.
6. You’re optimistic. By reading something entitled “Ten Reasons To Be Happy…Right Now”, you believe that good things are possible. Stay positive.
7. You’re passionate. There’s something that you love. If you haven’t figured it out yet, then this is your time to find it.
8. You’re determined. You clearly finish what you start. I mean, you’re already on number eight.
9. You’re bold. This is an inference, of course, but I have a feeling you believe it too.
10. You’re human. This means you have good days and bad days, happy moments and sad moments, easy times and hard times. Accept the miserable things in your life. Then, conquer them.
Thanks for reading.